St Mary's Catholic Primary School Maidenhead
St Mary's Catholic Primary School has around 300 pupils between the ages of 4 and 11 years old and was founded in 1871. It is a mixed voluntary aided school located in Maidenhead, Berkshire and is within the Local Authority of the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.
The mission of St. Mary's school is to educate our children for life as Christians in the community. Jesus and his teachings are central to all that we do. Our school aims to:
- Provide the experience of belonging to a Catholic community
- Promote active commitment to the wider community
- Provide an education of the highest quality.
St Mary's is the Parish School for St Joseph's Church, Maidenhead, serving children and their families across Maidenhead. The parish and the school enjoy close links and children sing in the choir, read and altar serve each Sunday. The parish contributes to the life of the school with Monsignor Tom McGrath, a regular visitor.
The school is set in lovely grounds which include:
- A large playing field
- A large play area and climbing equipment
- An eco garden where we grow our own vegetables and fruit
- An outside classroom
- An outdoor heated swimming pool
You can find out more about our school at the St Mary's Website
AD MAJOREM DEI GLORIAM
"To the greater glory of God"
Saint Mary's is the Primary School of St Joseph's Roman Catholic Parish. The church is situated half a mile away from the school. It was founded in 1871 by Fr. Richard Davis, on a small site at the junction of Forlease Road and Bridge Street, Maidenhead. The school moved to a site at St Joseph's church in 1882. In September 1974 we moved to our present site with more spacious accommodation, a large playing field, outdoor heated swimming pool and pleasant surroundings. The St. Mary's Catholic Pre-School, for pupils aged three years to five years, is located in our grounds.
Many of our pupils spend their pre-school years there and we enjoy close links with each other. Saint Mary's school has an excellent record of service to the Catholic population of the area. We are a Voluntary Aided Primary school being owned by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Portsmouth and maintained by the Diocese and the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.